Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Homemaker Tips

Over the years, I have accumulated clutter. I have saved all my bills and receipts since I have no idea which ones to dispose and to keep. Good thing I stumbled upon this site http://www.nestle.com.ph/recipe/nclub/hometips.asp. My initial intention is to look for new recipes instead I ended up looking at some useful tips for the home and family. Here are some of them which I plan to do this year:
  • hold a garage sale - We just moved to a new apartment and got a chance to revisit our old stuff. Some of which we have not touched and forgotten. We therefore decided, it is time to sell the stuff. Who knows, someone might be in need of these things. It is a win-win situation. As with Clean House, everything left will go to charity.
  • create bonding moments - I believe that family time need not be expensive as long as you are together. I have a 21-month old boy that is full of energy. He is happy to help everyone. After our grocery shopping, he helped out to sort the groceries and put them in their designated storage. We had fun, got work done and spent quality time! This weekend, we plan to visit the cemetery near the airport where we can see the planes take off and land. I'm sure we will again have a blast.
  • outdoor fun - For our kids, we are trying to implement a no television policy until age 3. Studies show that television is harmful for a child's development. We therefore commit ourselves to playtime with our babies, a fitting reward after a long day in the office. For weekends, it would be nice to run around or fly a kite and have picnics in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment